Chicago Haunted Ghost Tour
In traditional belief and fiction, a ghost is the soul or spirit of a deceased person or animal that can appear, in visible form or other manifestation, to the living. Descriptions of the apparition of ghosts vary widely from an invisible presence to translucent or barely visible wispy shapes, to realistic, life-like visions. The belief in manifestations of the spirits of the dead is widespread, dating back to animism or ancestor worship in pre-literate cultures. Certain religious practices—funeral rites, exorcisms, and some practices of spiritualism and ritual magic—are specifically designed to appease the spirits of the dead. Ghosts are generally described as solitary essences that haunt particular locations, objects, or people they were associated with in life, though stories of the phantom armies, ghost trains, phantom ships, and even ghost animals have also been recounted. As one of the great urban centres of the modern world, Chicago has one of the densest concentrations of paranormal phenomena, and this spooky chicago hauntings tour brings the sometimes terrifying otherworldliness of this great city to life, or should we say death.....m...mwa...mwah....mwahhahahahahah!
Related Chicago Walking Tours
Chicago Gangster Tour
Chicago Ghost Tour - Highlights
- Corpse Alley After a fire destroyed the Iroquois Theatre, the bodies of the 600 deceased were stacked in the back alley. Some of them can still be seen running from the stage door. . .
- Shipwrecked in Chicago Visit the site of the Eastland Disaster, where some of its victims can still be heard crying for help.
- The Castle Chicago's hottest nightclub was built on the site of a makeshift morgue. Ghosts have been known to crash the party. . .!
- Fort DearbornThe site of one of the bloodiest battles of the War of 1812. Learn all the gory details, and keep your eyes peeled for some ghostly reenactments!
- Water Tower The only building to survive the Great Chicago Fire of 1871 has been a spiritual sanctuary ever since.
- There are many more ghouls and ghost stories in store on this spine chilling chicago ghost tour!
Other Popular Walking Tours