Great Food Tour of San Francisco
First the bad news, on our watch, we are witnessing the largest mass extinction in 65 million years. Animal farming is the number one cause. It is also the number one cause of climate change. Sucker punch. Processed meats, like hamburgers, hot dogs and bacon, give you cancer.
Now the good news! Each day, a person who eats a vegan diet saves 1,100 gallons of water, 45 pounds of grain, 30 sq ft of forested land, 20 lbs CO2 equivalent, and one animal’s life. A person who follows a vegan diet produces the equivalent of 50% less carbon dioxide, uses 1/11th oil, 1/13th water, and 1/18th land compared to a meat-lover for their food. Great Food Tour of San Francisco
will introduce you to the greatest food joints and eateries in San Francisco. We'll also be introducing you to the idea of veganism, and why it is huge! Great Food Tour of San Francisco
Partially inspired by Kip Andersen and Keegan Kuhn's 2014 documentary Cowspiracy, the CEO of BestTours.com became vegan. The major challenge of becoming vegan is a developing a nutritious, healthy, and affordable diet. This tour was created not only to highlight how going vegan can literally help save the world, but to help people considering a vegan diet understand what three vegan meals a day looks like. Join us then as we explore the vegan diet, the science behind nutrition, the disturbing facts about animal agriculture, and how our diet is the key to the Earth's and the species' future. Our tours are as much about the neighborhood and the city as they are about the food, and there's plenty to reveal about the storied streets and landmarks! Prepare to yum on the Great Food Tour of San Francisco
Why go Vegan? Facts & Figures
- Greenhouse Gases 51% of all worldwide greenhouse gas emissions are created by the animal farming industry. Growing feed crops for livestock consumes 56% of water in the US
- Water Growing feed crops for livestock consumes 56% of water in the US. 2,500 gallons of water are needed to produce 1 pound of beef. 1,000 gallons of water are required to produce 1 gallon of milk
- Land Livestock covers 45% of the earth’s total land. Animal agriculture is the leading cause of species extinction, ocean dead zones, water pollution, and habitat destruction.
- Waste A farm with 2,500 dairy cows produces the same amount of waste as a city of 411,000 people
- Oceans We could see fishless oceans by 2048. For every 1 pound of fish caught, up to 5 pounds of unintended marine species are caught and discarded as by-kill.
- Rainforest Animal agriculture is responsible for up to 91% of Amazon destruction. 1-2 acres of rainforest are cleared every second.
- Humanity We are currently growing enough food to feed 10 billion people. 80% of antibiotic sold in the US are for livestock.