Italian Food Tour Of New York
Immerse yourself in the food and culture of one of New York's most colorful neighborhoods, Little Italy, and sample some of the best Italian food in NYC. Hear the stories behind the historic Italian landmarks that defined the immigrant experience at the turn of the 20th Century. Every delicatessen, bakery and pizza shop on The Italian Food Tour Of New York is over 100 years old!
Italian Food Tour Of New York Itinerary
- Parisi Bakery Frank Sinatra considered himself addicted to their prosciutto infused bread, as have many others over the past 103 years since this bakery opened!
- Alleva Dairy The oldest cheese shop in America, this still family-owned and operated shop whips up 4,000 pounds a week of the freshest mozzarella and ricotta you'll ever taste!
- Lombardi's Pizza America's oldest pizzeria! Their 106 year old coal oven still impresses locals, tourists, and international foodies alike
Related Tour: NYC Pizza Tour
- Ferrara Bakery Lucky for you, your tour guide has line jumping privileges. The line to this bakery has been one of the longest in New York since 1892!
- Movie Locations Being Little Italy you'll recognize locations from films like The Godfather, Donnie Brasco, Mean Streets, Serpico, and even Sex and the City!
- Curb Exchange The bootlegging depot of New York during the Prohibition era. See where all the deals went down, and find out what happened when they fell through...
- Petrosino Square The public space named after New York's first Italian detective, who took on the five points gangs in a fight to the death!
- Old St. Patrick's Cathedra The first Catholic Church in New York, this 200 year-old has hosted many high profile film productions, weddings, and memorial services. Take a look inside, you'll be wowed!
- There are many more hidden stories and secrets in store on this cultural dive into Little Italy.