New York Ghost Walk
In traditional belief and fiction, a ghost is the soul or spirit of a deceased person or animal that can appear, in visible form or other manifestation, to the living. Descriptions of the apparition of ghosts vary widely from an invisible presence to translucent or barely visible wispy shapes, to realistic, life-like visions. The belief in manifestations of the spirits of the dead is widespread, dating back to animism or ancestor worship in pre-literate cultures. Certain religious practices—funeral rites, exorcisms, and some practices of spiritualism and ritual magic—are specifically designed to appease the spirits of the dead. Ghosts are generally described as solitary essences that haunt particular locations, objects, or people they were associated with in life, though stories of the phantom armies, ghost trains, phantom ships, and even ghost animals have also been recounted. As one of the great urban centres of the modern world, New York City has one of the densest concentrations of paranormal phenomena, and this spooky walking tour brings the sometimes terrifying otherworldliness of this great city to life, or should we say death.....m...mwa...mwah....mwahhahahahahah!
Chauffeur Driven New York Ghost Tour
Chauffeur driven tours are a luxurious but affordable solution to sightseeing in style. We take you away from the crowded streets and buses on an intimate tour guided by your professional chauffeur, who gives you personal attention and courtesy throughout the experience, including hotel pick up/drop off, and numerous photo opportunities. Make no mistake, there is no better way to travel!
- Capacity 6 People per Luxury SUV
- WeatherTour takes place rain or shine
- Mark Twain's Ghost Just one of many ghost stories from New York's House of Death
- Potter's Field The mass grave under one of New York's most beautiful parks
- Ghost Pyromania! Ghosts have set fire to this famous restaurant more than once, and not because of the service!
- The Ghost Poet Often seen sitting at his favorite corner table of this West Village watering hole, before vanishing, obviously.
- The Vice President's Poltergeist Causing way too much mischief now he's out of office!
- Edgar Allen Poe No ghost tour would be complete without him
- Gay Street Phantom Do deceased flappers and dead drunks still haunt this quiet little street?
- Hangman's Tree The oldest tree in manhattan has seen quite a few hangings in its time
- The Ghost of Roosevelt's dog Roams the Park in search of the thirty-second president of the United States...
- There are many more ghouls and ghost stories in store on this spine chilling tour!